BISHOP GRIMES SCHOLAR AWARDS
Students who are applying for a Bishop Grimes Scholar Award will have the opportunity to submit 2 years of grade reports, letter of recommendation and a statement of purpose. For more information regarding your student’s scholarship eligibility status, please contact Sue Collins, Admissions and Enrollment Director, at (315) 314-7157, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Statement of Purpose - A short paragraph, written by the student, introducing themselves, summarizing their past school experiences and sharing their future goals including why they would like to attend Bishop Grimes Jr/Sr High School.
OTHER SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES:
ANCIENT ORDER OF HIBERNIANS DIVISION II SCHOLARSHIP
This scholarship awards $500 to help defray the cost of tuition at each Syracuse area Catholic High School. Applicants can apply for this scholarship in the spring of 8, 9, 10, or 11th. Money will be paid directly to the school and applied to the winner's tuition bill for the following fall. In order to be considered for this scholarship you must meet the criteria listed below.
- Attending (or will be) Bishop Grimes Jr/Sr High School in Central New York
- Be a practicing Catholic
- Be of Irish descent from either parent
- Write a brief essay describing how attending a Catholic school helps them foster the AOH motto of “Friendship, Unity, and Christian Charity” in their life.
- This essay should be submitted to the school's scholarship committee and a copy sent to the Syracuse Division Secretary
- This essay would not be “graded". Completion and submission of an essay meets this requirement.
- All things being equal between candidates, financial need (as known by the school only) should be the tie breaker.
- Applicants should submit their essays to Ms. Almonte at email@example.com in the Academic Affairs Office by Monday, May 15th.